The following is an informative guide for you to learn more about the different betting systems that you can find to increase your chances of winning in the fascinating sport of soccer. This guide will be useful to you whether you are taking your first steps in the world of gambling, or if you are already a veteran looking for other types of options to improve your chances of winning.
We focus on the most popular betting systems and those that, according to our experts, may be better. For more information it is also useful to visit our glossary .
What is a betting system?
A betting system seeks to put probability and statistics in your favor, trying to increase the chances of winning . Although there are more or less safe methods, there is no foolproof betting system. That is, no betting system can ensure that you do not have losses. If this were the case, many people would make a living by making huge profits with their bets. The reality is that many people can fall on the winning side using a betting system, but most bettors will find themselves on the losing side.
A practical example of a betting system
Let’s suppose that we want to make a combination between three teams (let’s call them A, B and C), if we make a combination and we get it right, our benefits will multiply. The share of A x share B x share C:
For our example we have chosen the victory of Puebla (odds 2.3), Necaxa (odds 2.4) and Monterrey (odds 1.6). Our $ 6 bet in case of hitting all three will be multiplied by the odds of these three, however if we miss 1 or more of the 3 the stake will be totally lost. This is why the betting system was created, so instead of betting on ABC. You can choose to make 3 bets of less amount (for example $ 2 each, to spend the same amount $ 6) and bet for example AB + BC + AC. in case of failure of the result B (Necaxa), you would lose the bets AB and BC but you would still win AC. and getting a lower profit, but not losing the entirety of your bet.
In the following table we detail how the calculation of the quantities of a system would be:
Examples of betting systems:
- Standard Triple Combination Bet (3 results) of $ 6 – ABC: The bet is winning and we get $ 52.99 in return, that is $ 46.99 profit (52.99 – $ 6 initial bet).
- $ 6 Triple Standard Combination Bet – ABC: The bet is losing (regardless of which team loses) and we get $ 0 in return, that is $ 5 in losses .
- System Bet: 3 Doubles (2 results) bets of $ 2 – AB + BC + AC: The bet is completely winning (the 3 selected teams win) and we will get $ 26.08 in return, that is, $ 20.08 of Profit , although the profit has decreased to more than half, in the following steps, we will see why the risk is also reduced.
- System Bet: 3 Double bets of $ 2 – AB + BC + AC: The bet is partially losing, A (Puebla) and C (Necaxa) win but B (Monterrey) loses, so the first two bets of $ 2 are losers, However, the third is the winner and we will obtain $ 11.04 in return, that is, $ 5.04 of Profit .
- System Bet: 3 bets of $ 2 – AB + BC + AC: The bet is partially losing, A (Puebla) and B (Monterrey) win but C (Necaxa) loses, so the last two bets of $ 2 are losers, without However, the first one is the winner and we will obtain a return of $ 7.36, that is, a profit of $ 1.36 . It should be noted that in this case the gains are lower than the previous one, due to the fact that in case (4). the failed bet is the one with the lowest odds, and therefore the odds of the successful bets were the maximum possible, while in this example (5), the odds are the lowest of the 3, thus generating the lowest profit.
- System Bet: 3 Double bets of $ 2 – AB + BC + AC: The bet is partially losing, B (Monterrey) and C (Necaxa) win but A (Puebla) loses, so the first and last bets of $ 2 are losers However, the one in the middle is the winner and we will obtain $ 7.68 of return, that is, $ 1.68 of Profit .
- Finally, we want to take the opportunity to explain a type of bet called Trixie , which is widely used all over the world. It is about making a system of x3 Doubles with bets as in the previous cases, but also adding a Triple combined bet, so that in case of hitting the 3 selections, multiplying the benefits. This would be like making x4 bets of $ 1.5: ABC + AB + BC + AC . If we compare this example (7) with (3) we will see that the maximum possible profits are up to $ 6.5 higher, however in case of failing a result, we would obtain an even lower return than in cases (4) (5) and (6).
Below we show a graphic example of how the betting slip would look in the previous cases:
In the first column we see a system bet x3 (As in examples 3,4,5, and 6) in the second we will see the combination of a simple combination (Ex: 1 and 2) with the x3 system. As we can see, the amounts are exactly the same as when we choose the TRIXIE option (Column 3).
Finally there will be the PATENT option (x7) which uses up to seven bets Combining the Trixie options (x4) with three simple bets on each of the results A, B and C. This option only seems recommended to us in if the fees are very high (3.0 or more each)
In the world of betting you can not only make systems with 3 results. This example is the simplest possible, but you can also choose 4 ABCD results and combine all their options to allow yourself:
- Quadruple (x1 bet) – You must match all selections: ABCD
- Triples (x4 bets) – Allows you a single failure: ABC + BCD + ABD + ACD
- Doubles (x6 bets) – It will allow you up to 2 failures: AB + AC + AD + BC + BD + CD
- Yanki (x11 bets) – Combine the top 3 options.
Is it legal to use a betting system?
The answer is yes. Since betting systems are based on probability and statistics, it is not illegal to use them to increase the odds of winning.
Other methods used in betting
Every bettor, whether new or experienced, places a bet based on how little or how much knowledge they have about a sport (in this case soccer) and the teams that are participating in an event. Presumably, the more data and information you have, the chances of betting on the winner increase. But as we all know, the results do not always occur in sports in general and in soccer in particular. For that reason, all bettors must have a system to fall back on.
You can also check our section on fund management methods .
The method of matching bets takes advantage of the bonuses that the operators give you . These bonuses are offered for registering with a site. You have to check if the chosen site allows you to bet for and against the same team, or if you have to do it with another operator.
For example, in a match between Estudiantes and América, you have to check if you can bet with your bonus on both teams, or if you have to bet on América with one operator and in favor of Estudiantes with another operator.
The Kelly Criterion
This system seeks to maximize the value of your bet by determining what percentage of your amount you should use to bet. The Kelly Criterion is used when the odds of betting on the winner are high. Assuming that, according to the previous example, America has a probability of winning of 60%, use this figure to calculate the percentage of money that you will use for your bet with the following formula: percentage of your money to bet = ((share of the operator x 0.6) – 1) / (operator quota – 1) x 100
Accumulator of bets
This system helps you increase your winnings by placing several bets on matches that have big favorites, and whose odds can bring you a low profit if you only bet on one match. Winnings are increased by betting on multiple games at the same time. To know the total quota of all the games, you have to multiply the quotas of all. For example: 1.30 x 1.85 x 1.44 x 1.53 x 1.60 = 8.48, it means that each peso you bet will have a return of 8.48. This is only possible if all teams win.